How to Get the Most From Your Home Security Cameras In Concord
Security cameras can simply be placed as a warning—a display that notifies burglars or intruders that “we see you.” Or you can leverage your security cameras to strengthen your home’s defenses.
Luckily, the latest security cameras arrive outfitted with an array of features all tailor-made to enable comprehensive protection for your residence. Whether it’s 2-way talk and recording options or infrared night vision and fast action motion sensors, these additions enable you to have the most from security cameras in Concord.
How To Set Up Your Concord Security Cameras For Maximum Protection
The first step to upgrading your video surveillance is installing them in the best areas around your home. Indoor security cameras work best when placed in common rooms like the living room or family room. It’s also a good move to install a camera near main doors, stairs, or other transitional areas thieves would have to move around to access the rest of your interior. Outdoor security cameras work best to provide a clear view of your front door, front walk, and yards, garage, and other exterior detached buildings, like sheds. And you can easily access a view of your main entryway via a discreet doorbell camera.
There are locations within your home that aren’t quite as vital to monitor such as bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements without a good entryway to the outside. Even if you have valuables in your bedroom, placing a camera in the room may reduce your privacy. Feel free to add window or motion detectors if you desire a form of security in bedrooms.
Innovations That Enhance Video Surveillance
Camera placement is only the first step in getting the most from home security cameras in Concord. The features listed below help to optimize security and enhance overall home security.
- Motion detection: Receive instant alerts on your mobile device anytime strange activity is sensed. You can also program cameras to automatically start capturing footage when motions are discovered which will add to camera recording time.
- Recording and storage: Program your home security cameras to record and store clips for easy viewing at your convenience.
- Two-way audio: Most of modern security cameras include a built-in intercom and speaker so you are able to converse with anyone with the unit. With ADT Control, you can make it seem you’re home or greet your kids as they arrive back from school.
- Field of view: Field of view, or how wide camera video is, allows for a more comprehensive look at what where you want to protect. Look for cameras that have a minimum of 120° wide angle lens or that can pan automatically for superior visibility.
- Dark vision: Make sure your home security cameras have either LED or infrared sensors that can produce video of overnight activity.
- Activity zones: Activity zones give you the opportunity to guard specific spots within your house.. For example, you can configure your outdoor camera to notify you of movement occurring on your yard or your patio and disregard traffic passing or foot traffic.
- Security app: security app, like ADT Control®, empower you to watch live camera footage, control cameras, toggle on and off the system, and capture events. Most importantly, the app will send up-to-date alerts when the see something unusual taking place around your house.
Optimize Your Home Security Cameras Today
Getting the most out of your video surveillance in Concord is easier. From ultra fast motion detection to two-way audio, your home security system rises from just a deterrent to an unbreakable defense. Call (603) 945-0837 or submit the form below to get started customizing your home security system today.