The latest smart security options are getting more capable every year. Even so, it doesn't take much to neglect to perform basic security chores like activating your a home security system, lowering the garage door, or even securing your front door.
How would you feel if you never had to concern yourself with these tasks again? When you implement geofencing in Concord, you can let your system do it for you.
What is Geofencing In Concord For your Security System?
Geofencing creates a virtual perimeter a set distance from your house, which you are able to customize within your smart security app. This modern home security option then uses your mobile device to deduce when you cross the perimeter and then initiates the tasks you have programmed.
How Does Geofencing Work?
Geofencing relies on z-wave, a home automation protocol that smart implements use to share information with each other. This innovative approach aids your security system by grouping all components onto one, unified network. You can then set up a unique boundary along the perimeter of your home and program particular actions as you move beyond the specified border.
For example, when you exit your driveway, you can set your security system to secure your front and back doors, close the garage, and arm your alarms. Conversely, when you arrive home for the evening, geofencing could be set to alert your system to disengage the alarm, elevate the garage door, activate lighting, and even alter your your home’s comfort levels.
Below are some of the technologies you can command with geofencing:
● Smart lighting and plugs
● Connected thermostats
● Security alarms and cameras
● Electronic devices including speakers or TVs
● Garage door sensors
Custom Geofencing, Schedules, And Scenes Are At Your Fingertips With Your Mobile Security App
Geofencing is only one of a variety of ways you can use your property’s security system in Concord. When you download the mobile app, you have the ability to do a lot with home automation. Just tap the app interface, and you are able to:
● Set schedules: program your smart alarms and cameras to activate at a specific time. Have your lights start to dim to indicate that it's time for bed, or disarm your security alarms the first thing in the morning.
● Manage how devices interact: Make certain components engage based on another activity. Direct your thermostat to switch on the exhaust fan when the fire alarm is set off. Or turn on your hall’s smart light if your doorbell camera detects unusual motion outside.
● Customize scenes: Design scenes featuring various devices that operate in harmony together. Have your lights lower, the temperature go down, and the smart locks activate when it's time for bed. Or set the mood for movie night with preset light and temperature adjustments.
● Geofence your security: There may be times when you fail to enable your alarm system when you're running late for work. With geofencing technology and your cell phone, you don’t have to worry about forgetting to arm the system and lower the garage door.
Enjoy The Benefits Of Geofencing in Concord
Whether you desire additional peace-of-mind of a safe, secure home whenever you leave or you want to take advantage of home automation, geofencing can help. Contact one of our knowledgeable team members today at (603) 945-0837 or submit the following form to get started on your perfect security system.