Where are the best spots to place your home security cameras in Concord? Generally, there are three significant sectors of your property for camera installations: your front door, your home’s exterior, and strategic interior positions. Although your security installer will be able to recommend where you should install, here are some helpful tips on where to place your home security cameras throughout your property.
Always Protect Your Front Entryway
Although you might find it unlikely that an intruder would make an effort to just enter through the front door, 34% of intrusions take place near the front door. You can also count delivery bandits among other risks to think about. A doorbell camera is able to manage all of these concerns with high-definition, wide-angle viewing.
Doorbell surveillance is even more beneficial as you have the ability to speak with all guests who come and press the button. By using your cell phone app, like ADT Control, you may answer all engagements with two-way communications and live feeds and look like you’re home. Then if a visitor does try to do something criminal, you can have your video doorbell instantly document the event on video and transmit it to your smartphone via a text notification.
Get the Most Coverage Possible With Your Outdoor Video Surveillance
Where to place home security cameras around your property is a more challenging undertaking. Thankfully, there are a handful of tips to greatly increase the likelihood that your home is well protected.
- Corners of your Concord house offer an impressive field-of-view, seeing two segments of your exterior.
- Right under an overhanging eave or into a bit of cladding or edging are ideal locations for security cameras as they will be partially hidden by blending into your gutterline.
- Over your garage, since the garage door is a more enticing entryway for burglars than you may know!
- Over a deck or sliding door -- or any doorway not in clear view from the road.
For each installation, make sure you prune any overgrown plants or trees that may block the camera’s view.
Tips To Enjoy The Highest Level of Performance From Your In-Home Cameras
You have more options on where to place home security cameras on the interior of your home in Concord. That same flexibility does mean there are other installation variables to think about:
- Windows and Sunlight: Although it’s wise to make sure your windows are down and latched, the natural light that enters via a window may cast a glare on your video recording. Direct your interior camera lens away from direct blasts of sunshine to avoid this.
- Take the High Road: Just like a watchtower, a video camera positioned in an elevated area will have a broader view. Consider putting your cameras above bookcases or attached to the upper reaches of a wall.
- Prevent Access by Children and Pets: Your camera will lose its ability to safeguard your home if anything happens to it. Install your security cameras in a spot where kids and your furry friends can’t tamper with them. You might consider mounting or another means of attaching them to make sure they don’t crash to the ground if accidentally bumped.
- Houseplants and Decor: The best video camera won’t do much good if you’ve got a decorative item or plant obstructing the field of vision. But it’s important to note, decor or foliage may be a perfect way to cloak your security equipment. Just ensure they don’t impede the view!
Have Secure24 Alarm Systems Install And Place Your Home Security Cameras
For expert installation of your home security cameras and additional security components, enlist the experienced technicians at Secure24 Alarm Systems. We’ll find the right package for your whole house -- protecting every inch. Just call (603) 945-0837 or fill out the form on this page to start your project.